[lazarus] Andrew... remember the scroll problem we worked on for CBT?

Tony Maro tony at maro.net
Sat Mar 22 15:59:03 EST 2003

Well I finally solved it properly.

I wrote my own (or rather hacked on the original) TMControlScrollBar and
built a TMScrollingWinControl that uses it.

What I ended up doing was just taking out about 2 lines of code from the
original (plus a little other cleanup for me)... the TControlScrollBar
refuses to separate itself from the ClientHeight no matter what.  I
needed a scrolling window control that used the scrollbar separately.

I'm sure the better way would have been to embed a TScrollbar within my
control, but every time I tried that it crashed... and the TScrollBar
seems to not be responding to messages for some reason.

In the process I also changed the range and position fields to be
longint so I can handle more transactions with it.  Now I can set the
range to be equal to the number of transactions, and set the page size
according to (clientheight div rowheight) so the thumb works right.

--
Tony Maro
tony at maro.net
http://tony.maro.net/

Check out my software "CheckBook Tracker"
A GPL (free) replacement for Microsoft Money!