[lazarus] FormatDateTime()

Michael Van Canneyt michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Thu Mar 27 02:52:38 EST 2003

On 26 Mar 2003, Tony Maro wrote:

> Can anyone help me figure out why:
> FormatDateTime('MM/DD/YYYY', ThisDate)
> always results in something looking like:
> MM-DD-YYYY
>
> It replaces my chosen slash with a dash.
>
> That's fine for you foreigner's, but us warmongering Americans like
> slashes in our dates. ;-)
>
> I know it's an FPC and not a Lazarus question, just wondering if someone
> knows an easy workaround.  So far I'm having to manual separate out a
> date and reconstruct it myself to get what I want.

You should set the 'DateSeparator' char (in sysutils) to '/' instead of
the defalt '-'. Then all date routines will use /...

If someone knows how to obtain these values from Linux, let me know, and
I'll have them initialized correctly from the OS environment. Same for
timeseparator
shorttimeformat
longtimeformat
Decimalseparator