[lazarus] FormatDateTime()

Michael Van Canneyt michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Thu Mar 27 08:59:35 EST 2003

On Thu, 27 Mar 2003, Luis Mineiro wrote:

> Using libc's nl_langinfo() function should do the job. Don't know any
> Pascal'ish function(s) for this.
>
> Things like THOUSEP (thousand separator), CRNCYSTR (currency symbol), etc can
> be queried this way for the current locale.

Thank you, I'll have a look at their implementation.

I'll need to create a pascal version, because sysutils should remain
independent from libc.

OTOH, I could make a separate unit which uses libc, and sets the options
in sysutils using defaults obtained from libc. It's then up to the user
to decide which one he uses.

Michael.