[lazarus] FormatDateTime()

hernan.et at pg.com hernan.et at pg.com
Thu Mar 27 17:40:34 EST 2003

Try using FormatDateTime('m"/"d"/"y',Now);

Yoyong

From: Tony Maro <tony at maro.net> on 03/27/2003 03:28 AM GMT

            Tony Maro           To:   Lazarus List <lazarus at miraclec.com>
      <tony at maro.net>           Cc:    (bcc: Yoyong Hernan-ET/PGI)
                        Subject:      [lazarus] FormatDateTime()

  03/27/2003 11:28 AM
    Please respond to
 lazarus at miraclec.com

Can anyone help me figure out why:
FormatDateTime('MM/DD/YYYY', ThisDate)
always results in something looking like:
MM-DD-YYYY

It replaces my chosen slash with a dash.

That's fine for you foreigner's, but us warmongering Americans like
slashes in our dates. ;-)

I know it's an FPC and not a Lazarus question, just wondering if someone
knows an easy workaround.  So far I'm having to manual separate out a
date and reconstruct it myself to get what I want.

--
Tony Maro
tony at maro.net
http://tony.maro.net/

Check out my software "CheckBook Tracker"
A GPL (free) replacement for Microsoft Money!