[lazarus] How to scroll TMemo control in code

Marc Weustink marc.weustink at cuperus.nl
Fri Mar 28 07:22:39 EST 2003

+ From: Mattias Gaertner [mailto:nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de]
+
+ On Fri, 28 Mar 2003 01:03:12 +0100
+ Marc Weustink <marc at dommelstein.net> wrote:
+
+ > >Right.
+ > >I think, we should add some properties to TCustomMemo to control the
+ > >scrollbars.
+ > >Other components need them too, so we should do that in an independent
+ > >way. Ideas?
+ >
+ > First idea:
+ >
+ > Add H and V scrollbars like TScrollingWinControl, however created
+ > according to TScrollStyle and with limited properties (Not nesecary
+ > derived from TScrollbar).
+
+ Good idea.
+
+ TScrollingWincontrol has
+     property HorzScrollBar: TControlScrollBar;
+     property VertScrollBar: TControlScrollBar;
+
+ Currently TControlScrollbar only supports TScrollingWincontrol. We can
+ improve it to handle TWinControls in general.

IMO it doesn't have to be the same scrollbarclass (TControlScrollbar). I can
imagine that a scrollbar in case of say textcontrols you cant set the
scrollrange. Thats why I mentioned the limited properties.

Marc