[lazarus] New Bug Entered

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Sat Mar 29 03:11:30 EST 2003

On 28 Mar 2003 19:58:32 -0600
Tony Maro <tony at maro.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 2003-03-28 at 18:08, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> >
> > Every editor handles symlinks differently.
> > I would suggest a message, when the IDE detects an already opened link,
> > but others seems to prefer more automatic ways. Ideas?
> >

> > Mattias
>
> Well, in the fileutil.pp unit (isn't that what it was?) didn't I notice
> some routines that would extract out symlinks back to the real full
> path?

filectrl.pp.
Just to avoid misunderstandings: I just wanted to know, when the IDE should
do the symlink check and what it should do on finding one. Anjuta,
moleskine, emacs, ... every editor does it differently.

> You could do that on each of the opened editor files and on the
> error from the compiler to see if they match...

If I understand it correct, you suggest to do a symlink check whenever a
file is opened automatically in the editor. Should there be a message or
should it automatically go to the already opened file?

Mattias