[lazarus] Trying to port a Delphi graph

Tony Maro tony at maro.net
Sun Mar 30 16:27:25 EST 2003

I'm trying to port a 3D graph unit I found for Delphi.  I've already
done much of the conversion (messages and such) but ran into the
following routine:

Procedure TGraph3D.ClearTrapezes;
var i : LongInt;
begin
  For i := 0 to FTrapezes.Count-1 do begin
    Dispose(FTrapezes[i]);
    FTrapezes[i] := nil;
  end;
  FTrapezes.Pack;
end;

FTrapezes is defined as:

FTrapezes : TList;        //casts to PTrapezeInfo

But when it hits the "Dispose" line, I get:
"Use of NEW or DISPOSE is not possible for untyped pointers"

I'm not familiar with the DISPOSE keyword or function.  Can someone help
me decipher what is supposed to be happening here?

Thanks,

--
Tony Maro
tony at maro.net
http://tony.maro.net/

Check out my software "CheckBook Tracker"
A GPL (free) replacement for Microsoft Money!