[lazarus] Changes to forms?

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Sun May 4 04:37:06 EDT 2003

On 04 May 2003 01:28:33 -0600
Tom Lisjac <netdxr at adelphia.net> wrote:

> I've been having some trouble with the treeview component

What problems?

> so I decided
> to do a cvs update and build. When I compiled and ran the project I've
> been working on, the form came up completely blank!

Sounds as if the form was not properly streamed to the lrs file. If there
was no warning/error message, this is very serious.
Can you send me any lfm+lrs file (before and after the error)? What
components are you using? Are you using additional include files or special
filenames?

> After exiting, the
> form was also blank in the designer!

Do you mean: The form was shown with all components, then you press F9, and
after your program stopped, the form in the designer was empty?

> Trying to recover, I restored a backup of the previous (April 10th)
> version  of Lazarus I'd been working with.

You can download any version of lazarus from cvs. For example:

cvs -z3 update -dP -D 4/30/2003

> When I load the project on
> the older version, I get the following error message: "Error while
> reading Tform1.HELPTYPE: Unknown property".
>
> I can ignore the errors and get the form back... but having to use the
> older version will cut me off from CVS. Is there a procedure I can do to
> migrate my forms to the newer code?

The forms are probably ok. There seems to be a bug in the IDE.
Plz send me the example, or at least the lfm/lrs files, so I can try to find
out, why they don't load.

Mattias