[lazarus] Changes to forms?

Tom Lisjac netdxr at adelphia.net
Sun May 4 05:33:33 EDT 2003

On Sun, 2003-05-04 at 02:57, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> On 04 May 2003 01:28:33 -0600
> Tom Lisjac <netdxr at adelphia.net> wrote:
>

> > I've been having some trouble with the treeview component
>
> What problems?

Executing from an xterm, I see the following exception:

Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkstyle.c: line 515 (gtk_style_attach): assertion
`window != NULL' failed.

...on both GTK 1.2 and 2.x systems. Here's how to reproduce it:

1. New project
2. Drop a TNotebook on the form
3. Add a page (or more) to the Notebook
4. Drop a TTreeview on any page
5. Run

> Sounds as if the form was not properly streamed to the lrs file. If there
> was no warning/error message, this is very serious.

I don't think this was the result of a save. I loaded the project from
the April 10th version to the latest CVS build. The first thing I did
was try the TTreeview component and had the same problem that I
described above. After that is when the runtime and IDE form blanked.

Perhaps this is just an issue resulting from the TTreeview exception
generating other side effects in the IDE.

> Can you send me any lfm+lrs file (before and after the error)? What
> components are you using? Are you using additional include files or special
> filenames?

I'll be happy to send the project. Everything was working fine (with the
exception of the treeview) until I did a cvs build tonight.

> > After exiting, the
> > form was also blank in the designer!
>
> Do you mean: The form was shown with all components, then you press F9, and
> after your program stopped, the form in the designer was empty?

Yes... exactly.

I closed Lazarus, restarted it and reloaded the project. It came up
blank again. I restarted the machine but got the same result.

I restored the April 10th version. When I loaded the project with it, I
got the "Error while reading Tform1.HELPTYPE: Unknown property" message.
I hadn't saved the project in the new version so I was surprised that
the form had changed. I clicked through the errors with ignore and went
back to work. Everything is working fine with the April 10th version.

> You can download any version of lazarus from cvs. For example:
>
> cvs -z3 update -dP -D 4/30/2003

Thanks! That's good to know!

> Is there a procedure I can do to
> > migrate my forms to the newer code?
>
> The forms are probably ok. There seems to be a bug in the IDE.
> Plz send me the example, or at least the lfm/lrs files, so I can try to find
> out, why they don't load.

It may take a little time, but I've got backups and should be able to
send you the before and after version.

Best regards,

-Tom