[lazarus] Dynamic GUI

Shane Miller smiller1 at stvgb.org
Tue May 6 10:15:28 EDT 2003

A.J.

  One option you could do is create a TBitbtn for each using the Icon as
the glyph and the NAME as the text.  Then on a mouseover display the
Description as a hint.  This would allow you to put many "commands" in a
small area because the buttons would be pretty small.

Otherwise you could use a Listview with the Icon and Text displayed and
the Description again being the hint.

A TTreeView would work too.  Expanding the item would display the
description.

If you categorized the commands then you could list them by category on
separate tabs which would allow you to break them into smaller parts and
make them easier to display.

Just some thoughts
Shane