[lazarus] streaming error with TIBDatabase

hernan.et at pg.com hernan.et at pg.com
Thu May 15 19:16:52 EDT 2003

Hi all,

How can I get the latest copy of fcl?

Here is what I did.

cvs -d :pserver:cvs at cvs.freepascal.org:/FPC/CVS login
cvs -d :pserver:cvs at cvs.freepascal.org:/FPC/CVS -z 3 update -r FIXES_1_0_0 -Pd fpc

I checked the files db.pp and interbase.pp, the only difference I see are

1. in TIBQuery the property is declared twice in the published section.
2. TDBDataset's Database property was changed from published to public.

Am I doing the right way of getting the latest copy. By the way, I am using WinCVS. And also, I tried to cycle my compiler using the above command to get
the latest updates of the compiler and I get a version of 1.0.8-prexxxxx. Can I use this compiler in Lazarus?

Regards,

Yoyong

 Internet Mail Message
 Received from host:
 svcr-216-37-230-2.dsl.svcr.epix.net
 [216.37.230.2]

From: Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> on 05/15/2003 03:37 PM GMT

            Mattias Gaertner           To:   lazarus at miraclec.com
 <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de>           Cc:    (bcc: Yoyong Hernan-ET/PGI)
                               Subject:      Re: [lazarus] streaming error with
                                    TIBDatabase
         05/15/2003 11:37 PM
           Please respond to
        lazarus at miraclec.com

On Thu, 15 May 2003 17:30:36 +0200 (W. Europe Daylight Time)
Michael Van Canneyt <michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be> wrote:

> On Thu, 15 May 2003, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 15 May 2003 17:10:23 +0200 (W. Europe Daylight Time)
> > Michael Van Canneyt <michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be> wrote:

> > > Wouldn't the simple fix be to declare these properties in
> > > TDatabase/TDBDataset as public instead of Published, and to change
> > > them in the descendent classes as published ?
> >
> > Yes.
>
> I've changed the FCL accordingly. db.pp and interbase.pp have been
> updated.

Great. Streaming seems to work now. At least if you delete the double
DataBase property of TIBQuery.

I have added a lazarus package InterbaseLaz for interbase. It also shows how
to create packages for the FCL.

Mattias