[lazarus] Problems on Fedora with Lazarus

Tom Lisjac netdxr at adelphia.net
Sat Nov 8 07:52:07 EST 2003

> Just yesterday I installed Fedora and find it very surprising that for
> the first time in my life Lazarus doesn't work. It just throws out
> without even showing any Window, with exception "out of memory" to
> console

> btw. lazarus was tried only by compiling from 4 different cvs versions
> (1 from yesterday and 3 versions which were working perfectly on RH9)
> which I found on my disk.

I haven't tried cvs but the rpms from the ccr site seem to work fine
with Fedora 1.

fpc-1.0.11-031022.i386.rpm
fpcsrc-1.0.11-20031022.i386.rpm
lazarus-0.9.0.6-fpc_1.0.11_031022.i386.rpm

I'm planning to give cvs a try after I've had a chance to get the new
install configured. Performance does seem to be much better then RH9.

-Tom