[lazarus] Search results windows patch

Bob Wingard bwingard at gt.rr.com
Sat Nov 8 16:28:40 EST 2003

Patch to move the search functions for find in files to a dialog box
with a cancel button. The search now returns all matches within a file.
Be careful the TStrings implementation used by the listbox control gets
really slow when there are more than a couple thousand matches. I tried
it with the TSynMemo and the TStrings implementation is much faster when
it has a large number of strings. I did a regex search for ^procedure
and the Tsynmemo handled the 13k matches without a problem. Do not try
this with the Tlistbox Tstrings.

Bob