[lazarus] Heaptrc

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Sat Nov 8 19:20:12 EST 2003

On Sat, 08 Nov 2003 18:15:15 -0600
Bob Wingard <bwingard at gt.rr.com> wrote:

> I have to start the program outside the IDE. If I start inside the IDE
> the debugger tries to start but loops,

Hmm, a debugger that loops is buggy itself.
Marc, maybe we should add some smarter functions to read big call stacks.

> my processor maxes out and
> Lazarus just hangs. I have not tried to start gdb from the command line
> yet.

Please do so.

> If I compile without Heaptrc then everything works fine.

Maybe you want to try the memcheck unit in the components/units dir of
lazarus. Dont add the heaptrc unit and add memcheck as the very first unit
in the lpr file.

Mattias