[lazarus] circular unit reference

Florian Klaempfl Florian.Klaempfl at gmx.de
Sat Nov 15 10:28:28 EST 2003

Andreas Hausladen wrote:
> [...]

No. FPC won't do a function call in any case when compiling this in
objfpc mode even if AValue returns a procedure variable. If you want to
call AValue do
if FOnCompare = AValue() then Exit;
This is very Cish but it makes procedure variable code much more
readable and less ambigious. However, I never tried if FPC handles
correctly a procedure variable call returning a procedure variable and
call this one, i.e.
if FOnCompare = AValue()() then Exit;

:)

> Some features of FPC are better than Delphi's but Delphi also has features FPC does not have. Another example is the event
> assignment where I found FPC syntax better than Delphi's.
> Obj.OnClick := {$ifdef FPC}@{$endif}MyEventHandler;

Compiling this with -Sd and you don't the @ ;) However I know this isn't
an option for the lcl.