[lazarus] circular unit reference

Lord Satan reimgrab at web.de
Sat Nov 15 11:49:49 EST 2003

> linux RAD?
>
> sorry, not simple words.
>
> How about "Easier Linux Software Development"
>
> or
>
> rapid application development on linux.
>
> or
>
> an opensource alternative for cross platform rapid application
> development on windows and linux/unix.

There is no reference to Delphi or Kylix in this answers (just like I would answer the question myself). So lets asume the Lazarus developers see it the same way as you and I do. Where is the need for (100%) Delphi compatability? I just stated that I would prefer nice new features in Lazarus over any compatability. I can understand that you want to port code from Delphi/Kylix to Lazarus. I just don't see the need for the other way. Can someone enlighten me? Or is it just that Borland messed up Kylix and people want their Delphi code to run on Linux? If this is true than I don't think that they really understand what opensource stands for.