[lazarus] circular unit reference

Pierre Kellerman PierreK at BarloworldOptimus.com
Mon Nov 17 08:00:55 EST 2003

Hi There I wass a bit behind on my mail and worked throug about 200
Lazarus emails today. and the thing that grabed me the most was this
thread on the LCL and compatibility with Delphi.

Here is my thots on the matter and I may revlect some points that other
people made.

I THink it will be a good thing if the LCL can be used with Delphi and
or Kylix because there are (Currently) mush more Delphi and Kylix
developers that there are Lazarus developers. If the LCL can be almost
100% compatible with Delphi (In the sence that you can compile Delphi
Code with Lazarus without changing code) it will be Excelent.

I Agree that Lazarus to Delphi conversion is maybe not that importent.
but if it can be made visible it will be Great. for Example Name units
that is Lazarus specifiec with laz as a prefix. then you know that if
you use this units the project will not compile in delphi or kylix. if
the unit do not start with this is should be compatible either way.

We are faced with more and more competition from tools like VB and
Visual studio .NET and it seems that the Delphi comutity is shrinking or
not growing as fast as the competition. I think we should stand togather
with Delphi/Kylix and Lazarus rather than float apart. So if Delphi
compatibility will not limit Lazaras I think it should be strived for.
If there is More added than delphi can profide just make it clear that
by using the extra futures it will not work in Delphi

Thank any case to all the controbuters for a wonderful product named
Lazarus. I hope to see it grow to a even better and Mentionable
alternitive for even comercial development in the future.