[lazarus] BuildLazarus with currently selected compiler

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Mon Nov 17 11:32:16 EST 2003

On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 17:35:25 +0100
Vincent Snijders <vslist at zonnet.nl> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 1. Attached patch changes the build lazarus dialog, so that the compiler
> executable selected in the environment options dialog is used for
> compilation.

Good idea.

> Please note that therefore the EnvironmentOpts unit is used
> in the implementation.

I did it with a parameter.

> 2. Recently the function TBuildLazarusOptions.CompiledUnitExt is added.
> This function returns .ppw for target_os is win32. This is only true if
> the compiler is 1.0.x series, not the later series. fpc 1.9 and later
> also have .ppu for windows.

Thanks. I didn't know that.

> I don't know if lazarus already knows which compiler version is used (I
> suppose it does) and where it is stored, so I can't send you a patch for
> this issue.

The codetools were the only part of the IDE, that need to know. So, it was
somewhat hidden.
It's amazing how different fpc 1.0.x and fpc 1./9 are, and how irrelevant
this is for an IDE.
Implemented.

Although there still are some places left, where the .ppw files are
searched.

Mattias