[lazarus] Patch for searchresults dialog

Bob Wingard bwingard at gt.rr.com
Sat Nov 22 11:12:15 EST 2003

On Sat, 2003-11-22 at 09:26, Tony Maro wrote:
> Bob Wingard wrote:
>
> >  I was not able to duplicate the Black on Black text that you saw in
> >KDE yesterday. Look at it now, I explicitly set the canvas.color to
> >clWhite. I think I remember seeing somewhere in the code that, but I
> >cannot find it now, that some of the colors are loaded from user
> >preference. Maybe if Gnome is not running this is where the problem
> >happens. Mattias?
> >

> I've had this problem for a bit and suffered through it.  Someone (was
> it Andrew?) mentioned it was a broken GTK theme, but I can't find any
> way of fixing it.  All statictext and my own custom controls that use
> clBtnFace are showing as black rather than my theme's color (a nice
> light grey.)
>
> If I close KDE and open Gnome, it's fine.
>
> I've tried telling Mandrake to "apply colors to non-KDE applications"
> for my KDE theme which is supposed to affect the GTK theme.  I've tried
> making a .gtkrc file that points to a theme I know works.  I've also
> tried multiple KDE themes with the checkbox mentioned checked.

  I am running Mandrake 9.2 and have not seen the problem yet and I have
tried several themes. I have not downloaded any additional themes so I
am just using the stock KDE themes installed with Mandrake. I spend most
of my time in Gnome rather than KDE. I will run KDE for a few days and
see if I can re-create the problem.