[lazarus] CVS access

Tony Maro tony at maro.net
Sun Nov 23 20:02:50 EST 2003

Marc Weustink wrote:

> Then it would be a strange problem. I can ping, I can access websites,
> newsservers
>
> Hmm.. I can't access cvs.sourceforge.net either
>
> What is my ISP doing ?
>
>> or a personal firewall problem maybe?
>

> Nope, I've sniffed the link between my gateway/firewall and my modem.
> Valid packets go out, none returns
>
> I'll try tomorrow, see if it is solved then

I've used an ISP that had a transparent caching proxy for websites.
Other traffic passed straight through around the proxy.  There was a day
when I could view websites (and ping, strangely enough), but other
services didn't work.  Could be similar.

Or they've blocked 2401 thinking it was a trojan ;-)

-Tony