CVS update was: RE: [lazarus] Enable/CheckMenuItem

Micha Nelissen M.Nelissen at student.tue.nl
Tue Nov 25 08:15:36 EST 2003

Marc Weustink wrote:

> OK, the new layout is in CVS now.
>
> The winapi inc files have been sorted out and split up into winapi and
> lclintf
> The interfacebase.inc is splitup in 3 parts, only interfacebase, winapi
> and lcl.
> The moves for gtkwinapi aren't finished yet.

I think the comment at the top of the lclapi.inc and winapi.inc to be a
little confusing:

(******************************************************************************
   All Winapi related stuff goes here.
   This file is used by both LCLIntf.pas and InterfaceBase.pp
   If a procedure is platform dependent then it should have the
following tail:
     {$IFDEF IF_BASE_MEMBER}virtual;{$ENDIF}
   If a procedure isn't platform dependent, it is no part of
InterfaseBase and
   should be surrounded by:
     {$IFNDEF IF_BASE_MEMBER}
       procedure MyProc;
     {$ENDIF}

AFAIK, those ifdefs don't have anything to do with platform dependency,
just so that they can be included within a class and declared as a
global procedure by using the same inc file. Both files should be
platform independant, no? Ie. functionality provided by interface should
be the same for all platforms.

Regards,

Micha.