[lazarus] CVS Updates

Andrew Johnson acjgenius at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 3 20:25:53 EDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-10-03 at 20:21, Marc Weustink wrote:
> You won't need this on win32, since it supports ExtTextOut natively :-)
> So it draws the text *with* background already.
>
> Be aware that most win32 based interface calls don't need much translation.
> Especially for synedit, since in it's origin it was pure win32 based.
>
> So don't try to mimic draw functs on win32 which are win32 native.

Yeah I wondered.

however there _is_ also the issue that because DoubleBuffering needs to
be done in the interface for GTK(I think), aka think GTK2, that it
probably means it somehow needs to be done within the win32 interface
itself.

If this can be worked out for Win32 the issue is moot anyway. But that
will require quite a bit of thought and possibly reconsidering how
DoubleBuffering should be done overall.

Andrew