[lazarus] DB components

Andrew Johnson acjgenius at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 17 13:04:39 EDT 2003

the visual DB components are quite new so grab a current copy of lazarus
from CVS. While n some cases unused/untested, they should theoretically
work in the same way as the Delphi versions, insofar as they are
currently implemented. Currently no non-visual components are built in
by default, however I believe there is now a MySQL Package included in
current lazarus cvs you can play with to get MySQL non-visual components
on the component palette(I haven't had a chance to look myself). (open
and install package lazarus/components/mysqllaz.lpk)

The non-visual have been in the FCL for a while now, and should already
be available, with a MySQL, and Interbase etc components for access even
without lazarus. While they are not complete they do work well to some
extent.

Beyond that atm I would say simply experiment. And as you come across
problems that prevent doing what you need, ask further more specific
questions on the list. :)

Andrew