[lazarus] Error when compiling CVS

spiri spiri at netcabo.pt
Tue Oct 21 14:24:52 EDT 2003

Mattias Gaertner wrote:
 cite="mid20031021134404.4992fbd9.nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de">
  On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 00:11:48 +0200
Marc Weustink <marc at dommelstein.net> wrote:

    At 12:48 19-10-2003, spiri wrote:

      Hi,
I trying to buil lazarus from the sources in CVS, but the compiler gives
this error:

Compiling forms.pp
forms.pp(50,3) Fatal: Can't find unit CUSTAPP
make[1]: *** [allunits.ppu] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/toto/lazarus/src/lazarus/lcl'
make: *** [lcl] Error 2

    Today I hit the same error while I was accidently compiling Lazarus on an
older Linux box with a version 1.0.7 compiler.

The current version of TApplication is derived from TCustomApplication.
TCustomApplication is defined in the FCL. So in your case you need a newer

FCL (my 1.0.10 version has it).

While I'm at this now, I think it doen't make sense anymore to control
this by the UseCustApp define, since if you undefine it, you get errors of
base members not found.
Is there any reason to keep this define ?

Not anymore.

I left it, so if something went wrong, we could easily see the custapp
parts. It works with 1.0.10/11, so we could remove it.

Mattias

Have update the CVS files?

Tanks
--
spiri

Send by Mozilla Thunderbird running on Linux Mandrake 9.1