[lazarus] Error when compiling CVS

spiri spiri at netcabo.pt
Tue Oct 21 15:24:23 EDT 2003

Mattias Gaertner wrote:
 cite="mid20031021205907.05bc668b.nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de">
  On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 19:31:09 +0100
spiri <spiri at netcabo.pt> wrote:

    Mattias Gaertner wrote:

      On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 00:11:48 +0200
Marc Weustink <marc at dommelstein.net> wrote:

        At 12:48 19-10-2003, spiri wrote:

          Hi,
I trying to buil lazarus from the sources in CVS, but the compiler

      gives >>this error:

          Compiling forms.pp
forms.pp(50,3) Fatal: Can't find unit CUSTAPP
make[1]: *** [allunits.ppu] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/toto/lazarus/src/lazarus/lcl'
make: *** [lcl] Error 2

        Today I hit the same error while I was accidently compiling Lazarus on

      an >older Linux box with a version 1.0.7 compiler.

        The current version of TApplication is derived from TCustomApplication.
TCustomApplication is defined in the FCL. So in your case you need a

      newer>

        FCL (my 1.0.10 version has it).

While I'm at this now, I think it doen't make sense anymore to control
this by the UseCustApp define, since if you undefine it, you get errors

      of>base members not found.

        Is there any reason to keep this define ?

      Not anymore.

I left it, so if something went wrong, we could easily see the custapp
parts. It works with 1.0.10/11, so we could remove it.

Mattias

    Have update the CVS files?

Yes. I removed the defines.
CustApp.pp appeared in 1.0.10.

I'am sorry about the stupid question but I'am new to Lazarus/FPC:
1.0.10 is the version of Lazarus or FPC?

Tank you

--
spiri

Send by Mozilla Thunderbird running on Linux Mandrake 9.1