[lazarus] Win32: parent form and taskbar button

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Mon Sep 1 03:25:07 EDT 2003

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 20:23:20 +0200
Micha Nelissen <M.Nelissen at student.tue.nl> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Remember my patch to consolidate taskbar buttons by using the owner of a
> form?
>
> In the IDE the designer form, 'Form1' so to say, is not under parental
> control,

Designer forms should be as separate from the IDE as possible, because they
contain designer components, which can be buggy. And it splits TComponent
notifications, between IDE and each designer form.

> so it has it's own button. This has the effect that when you
> click the MainIDE window, it focuses the source editor on top of the
> designer form. This is annoying because if you want to drop components,
> you will have to focus form1 again each time.
>
> Actual question: could the designer code be easily modified to make the
> owner of a designer form the mainide too? And the environment options
> window and such too? Then this problem will disappear and everything
> will be under one button.

The Owner should have no impact on the interface. It exists solely for
streaming and destructing purposes.

> Question #2 (related): Because the environment options dialog (and the
> others too i presume) have their own button but are shown modal a
> strange thing happens. When the dialog is shown, you can click the main
> lazarus ide window, it gets focus, but it won't respond to any clicks.
> This is very annoying as one would think the ide has hung itself.

See Karl's mail.

Mattias