[lazarus] GTK2 interface

Andrew Johnson acjgenius at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 6 15:18:48 EDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-09-05 at 19:54, Andrew Johnson wrote:
> Alright. For those who wish to help out, there is much that actually
> seems to work, only a few major areas need working(and a whoooooooole
> lot a little areas ;)

Just realized that another area which could theoretically be its own
project is Pango. Right now we use GdkFont and XLFD Translation, Pango
supports a lot more, and is far better supported anyway, we should try
and create a Pango String -> XLFD and XLFD -> Pango String conversion to
support using either or font style in the font name, so we can easily
convert gtk2 interface over to only using pango while still retaining
backward compatibility with XLFDs.

The converstion routines probably won't be too hard to do since we
already have the current logfont -> XLFD and XLFD description string,
but changing everywhere else might be, since we can also use layout for
textrect etc, and so forth, and the hacks to get gtk style fonts needs
to be updated as well.

Andrew