[lazarus] someone has a virus on the list :(

Marc Weustink marc at dommelstein.net
Mon Sep 8 16:42:29 EDT 2003

At 23:25 8-9-2003 +0300, Markku Niskanen wrote:
>On Mon, 8 Sep 2003 20:48:40 +0200 (CEST), you wrote:
>
> >from my mail address. There is little you can do about it.
>
>I suppose that is really the case... Just wondering why on
>earth an ISP is not willing to do anything about the matter.

Some ISP'a are lazy and their abusebox is handled by /dev/null

>Well, I have a ready-made script that will send 500 copies
>of my request to the webmaster, I'll run that one tomorrow :)

That wont help you.
What helped for me was creating an inbox filter which triggers on the 6
different subjects and having an attachment. It moves the message directly
to null.
When the thing broke lose, I got an email every 5 mins, now none.

>On the other hand it is not that difficult to write a small PHP
>script that connects to the POP account, checks the message
>list and deletes the suspicious ones, this being done in a
>cron job every 15 minutes, for example.

For instance :-)

Marc