[lazarus] Patch for win32 : ShowModal and Lazconf

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Fri Sep 12 02:59:46 EDT 2003

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 19:02:00 -0300
Karl Brandt <pascalive at bol.com.br> wrote:

>[...]
> >
> > The primary is for the user. Most primary files are created on first use
> > of the IDE. When the primary exists, the secondary is ignored. So, why
> > should the user want to edit the secondary?
> >

> Sorry, I meant admin edit/create secondary file.
> The primary config files are not being created at disk,here, after the
> first use. I was trying to copy from secondary which doesn't exist.
> I'll update and see if now they are being created.

First starting and closing the IDE creates only a few configs. Like the
environmentoptions.xml.  (If not, then there is a bug)
There are no useful values, because the IDE only saves differences to the
defaults. At the moment the xml config units also saves empty parent nodes,
so the config files contain some unneeded nodes. This is a ToDo.

To create the secondary configs, the admin can do:
Start the IDE as a user, setup up some things and close the IDE.
Use a xml or text editor and delete what you don't need.
Copy the files to the secondary config directory (Probably only
environmentoptions.xml).

Mattias