[lazarus] Programing with Lazarus (win32)

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Sun Sep 14 06:09:31 EDT 2003

On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 21:52:33 -0300
"Horacio Jamilis" <hjamilis at pymesoft.com.ar> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with Lazarus on Win32 (fpc 1.0.10 cvs and todays Lazarus
> cvs).
>
> When lazarus starts It creates a new project with a new form.
> In the form I put a button, then I doble click the button (to get the
> ButtonClick event method) to fill in the button click code. Then I get the
> next dialog error:"Error in TDEFAULTCOMPONENTEDITOR"
> "The component editor of class "TDEFAULTCOMPONENTEDITOR"has created the
> error:"Unable to find method. Plz fix the error shown in the message
> window."
>
> In the message window appears:
> "\lcl\Forms.pp(49,23) Error: unit not found: CustApp"
>
> Well... where shoud I setup the search path in Lazarus?

CustApp belongs to the FCL, which is part of the FPC sources.
Please make sure your FPC source directory is set in the environment
options. The rest should work automatically. If not, then maybe there is a
win32 special I didn't know. Just mail.

> I am able to compile Lazarus with "make" so I guess I have the path
> correctly for fpc.

"make" needs only the compiled units, not the soures.

Mattias