[lazarus] maskedit vs mask

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Sun Sep 14 18:22:19 EDT 2003

On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 14:51:53 -0400
Andrew Johnson <acjgenius at earthlink.net> wrote:

> I just tried porting a basic db test app from delphi to lazarus with my
> contorls, and found that at least in my D4 there is no MaskEdit.pas, its
> called Mask.. Do we want to change the name for compatibility? I know we
> have to include extra files in a few cases, but not sure how wise name
> changes are if we want ease of conversion. Its not a big deal to me
> really, just thought I should make sure it gets brought up. :)

Just my personal two cents:
It is just an identifier, so I have no problem to rename it, if this makes
porting code easier.
But:
1. IMO "mask" is not a descriptive name for this unit.
2. IMO it is a bad idea to call an unit like a common identifier.
3. Delphi compatibility is a nice feature, but there are places, where I'm
sure, borland themselves would change it, if they could.

BTW, I think, we should rename LCLLinux. Any suggestions?
It contains the functions to the LCL interfaces. Maybe LCLIntf.

Mattias