[lazarus] The use of FPC and Lazarus for simulation software

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Sat Sep 20 13:41:09 EDT 2003

> On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 17:50:05 +0200 (CEST)
> marcov at Stack.nl (Marco van de Voort) wrote:
> > > The only reference on the mailinglist told it was possibly a
> > > compiler bug and that you should retry with fpc 1.1. Unfortunately
> > > 1.1 is not stable enough this week, due to the reorganization of the
> > > linux, unix and unixbase units.
> >
> > This is  starting to work again, rtl-compiler-basepackages-fcl works,
> > however there are still some makefiles to update.
> >
> ATM I can't compile the 1.1 RTL with fpc 1.0.10, so I can't cycle a new
> compiler.

That's fixed meanwhile. I did check 1.1, but forget to commit it.

> Last time I tried, the LCL couldn't be compiled with fpc 1.1, synedit
> couldn't, so Lazarus cannot be compiled with fpc 1.1. That doesn't stop
> us to use fpc 1.1 with Lazarus, though.

As soon as it is fully stable again, I'll start playing with it.

To ease the transition, I'm creating an "oldlinux" unit for the Unix
platforms, which should more or less match 1.0.x linux unit.

The problem is only that the linuxerror constant will behave a little
differently. It would be a lot of work to fix that for all calls, so I want
to keep that limited to the functions that really need that.