[lazarus] Beginner

Alan Mead cubrewer at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 24 02:20:56 EDT 2003

--- Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 00:23:42 -0700 (PDT)
> Alan Mead <cubrewer at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > I installed Lazarus 0.9.0.2 from the RPM downloaded from the
> lazarus
> > site.  I have FPC 1.0.10 installed.   I'm running Redhat 7.2.
> >
> > Lazarus looks great and I can create an initial form.  But if I
> > double click on, say, a button, I get:
> >
> > ### TCodeToolManager.HandleException: "unit not found: CustApp"
> at
> > Line=49 Col=23 in "/usr/share/lazarus/lcl/forms.pp"
>
> The IDE didn't found your FPC sources (RPM fpcsrc). Check
> Environment->Environment Options->FPC Source Directory.

This setting looks right.  It says '/usr/share/fpcsrc/' and the src
rpm is installed in the usual place.  If I list the files, I get a
mess like this:

/usr/share/fpcsrc/utils/tply/yaccmsgs.pas
/usr/share/fpcsrc/utils/tply/yaccpars.pas
/usr/share/fpcsrc/utils/tply/yaccsem.pas
/usr/share/fpcsrc/utils/tply/yacctabl.pas
/usr/share/fpcsrc/utils/tply/yylex.cod
/usr/share/fpcsrc/utils/tply/yyparse.cod

> > When I try to run it (i.e., click the 'play' button), I get:
> >
> > TOutputFilter: "interfacebase.pp(6,13) Fatal: Can't find unit
> > CLASSES"
>
> It seems your FPC is not the one, that was used to compile the
> lazarus RPM.
> Download the lazarus src RPM and rebuild it:
> rpm --rebuild lazarus-0.9.0.xxx.src.rpm
> Then uninstall the old lazarus and install the new.

Ok, trouble here too.  There is no src rpm in the download folder.
And I just checked and the FPC rpm looks good to me.

-Alan