[lazarus] LCL: TApplication.FHandle

Marc Weustink marc.weustink at cuperus.nl
Mon Sep 29 13:11:17 EDT 2003

+ From: Micha Nelissen [mailto:M.Nelissen at student.tue.nl]
+ Sent: maandag 29 september 2003 15:58
+
+ Micha Nelissen wrote:
+
+ > Where is TApplication.FHandle used for? It does not seem to
+ > be used. Is  it for future functionality, and if so, can it
+ > be coded?
+
+ In the Delphi VCL it's the "master" window, not visible, but
+ representing the button on the taskbar. It implements
+ TApplication.Title. Would it be possible for the LCL to request create
+ this master window? I am not sure if this would be useful for the GTK.

For win32 it is. TApplication.Handle is indeed the handle of a 0x0 size
window.
All forms with Application as owner are the child of this window. This is
(at least ion win32) Focussing and enable/disable is handled.

If you write for instance dll's with forms, you can assign the handle of
your mainappwindow to your dll.application.handle to control focus etc.

I don't know if this is a way to tell gtk that there is only one app
running. I'll look at it (some day)

Marc