No subject

Tue Dec 7 07:50:52 EST 2004

deisgned in a way that we (the users) would have to do stuff we should
not have to do.

Also, I'm alot for close compatibility with Delphi.. but I'm more for
innovation and efficiency. Perhaps having a few units that will
basically do stuff like LM_Something = WM_Something, abstracting LCL to
the same interfaces as the VCL, etc.

Maybe there is a way one component could be built with 2 interfaces, and
in delphi compatibility mode it would abstract Delphi's interface.. this
sounds dumb, but that way we'd be independent from borland's
"innovations" and especially backward compatibility, which is cool since
we'll be able to compile Lazarus apps under alot of OSes eventualy..
Delphi compatibility mode would only be usefull for porting Delphi apps.

I'll try to get my Linux connected to the net, and then I can start
looking into helping with some coding.. =o)

Alex