[Lazarus] Detecting when mouse leaves TPanel

Lee Jenkins lee at datatrakpos.com
Sat Apr 5 16:04:12 CEST 2008

Micha Nelissen wrote:
> Lee Jenkins wrote:
>> The problem is that if you mousedown on the control and then move the mouse
>> aware from the control and *then* release the mouse, the control doesn't
>> register the mouse up and thus, the control stays colored the "mouse down" color.
>
> This has to do with SetCapture etc. AFAIK, this has worked in the past.
> When you mousedown, the control tries to get the capture, so that even
> if the mouse leaves the control (or even the form) it still receives the
> mouseup also.
>
> Micha

Thanks for responding, Micha.

I searched and found that function in controls.pp.  Placing breakpoints at the
beginning of the method(s) indicates that it is not being called, although I'm
not sure where it should be called.

I'm testing a new control which I need to represent a button in a touch screen
based application and the conditions for this to happen are very good in that
environment.  It would be very confusing to a user (and result in many phone
calls) for a user to press on a button, have its color change and then not
change back when they moved off of it.

--
Warm Regards,

Lee

"Everything I needed to learn in life, I learned selling encyclopedias door to
door."