[Lazarus] TFiletreeview

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 14:18:22 CEST 2008

On 05/04/2008, matthew rollings <matthewrollings at googlemail.com> wrote:

>  Just wondering if there is a TFiletreeview similar to how there is in delphi
>  (I think thats what it was called anyway) I've found TFilelistbox as the
>  closest thing to it. I just want something to browse folder tree's and select
>  a folder, currently using the TDirectoryEdit

For a directory tree (no files) you can use dirsel.pas in the LCL
directory.  It's similar to the windows SelectDirectory Treeview
dialog, but just cross-platform. (BTW: GTK doesn't have a Select
Directory Dialog treeview component like Windows, which is why GTK
uses the File Open (yuck) dialog.

I've made local changes to my Lazarus IDE, to use the dirsel.pas unit
instead for GTK.

Regards,
  - Graeme -