[Lazarus] DrawText function problems

Lee Jenkins lee at datatrakpos.com
Sun Apr 13 03:57:55 CEST 2008

Luiz Americo Pereira Camara wrote:
> Lee Jenkins wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm having a problem with drawing text on an image using the DrawText
>> function where the area around the text masked out.  Please see the
>> attached image.
>>
>> This same routine works perfectly in Delphi.  Maybe the
>> Canvas.Brush.Style := bsClear is not working?
>
> There's a bug in Delphi regarding bsClear (
> http://www.efg2.com/Lab/OtherProjects/PrinterDemo2.htm
> <http://www.lockproxy.info/unblock-sites/index.php?q=uggc%3A%2F%2Fjjj.rst2.pbz%2FYno%2FBgureCebwrpgf%2FCevagreQrzb2.ugz>).
> See issues 8455 and 8340 in bug tracker for more info.
>
> Maybe this can help you.
>
> Luiz

Thanks for responding, Luiz.  I'm not sure what Lazarus is doing here because I
swear sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.  There doesn't seem to be any
consistency with these kinds of routines.

When it works, the output looks like crap, fat text with jagged edges, ignoring
the Canvas.Font settings completely and when it doesn't work, well it doesn't
work, lol.

I get this kind of off/on functionality with lazarus many times, inexplicable
things that work sometimes and sometimes do not work.

I think the writing is on the wall.  I just cannot do this particular
application that I'm trying to do with lazarus because it strays strays too far
from basic components like TEdit, TListBox, TComboBox to be a workable solution
for me with lazarus.

Maybe fpGUI will be workable, I've been playing around with it for the last
couple of days.

--

Warm Regards,

Lee

"When my company started out, we were really, really, really, really small.
Now...we're just really small."