[Lazarus] DrawText function problems

Lee Jenkins lee at datatrakpos.com
Sun Apr 13 04:31:27 CEST 2008

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 8:18 PM, Lee Jenkins <lee at datatrakpos.com> wrote:
>>  Is there a workable way to draw centered text onto a TImage that has an image
>>  already assigned to it?
>
> You could just put a label on top of it.
>
> I would usually go for either having a fully custom drawn component,
> where I manage all paint, like here:
>
> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Developing_with_Graphics#Create_a_custom_control_which_draws_itself

Won't I still run into the DrawText problem whether I am having whether I am
trying to draw on a TImage or the canvas of a descendant of TCustomControl?

> Or, if using a TImage, try to put a label on top of it. I've never
> needed to draw to the canvas of a TImage, because I usually use
> TCustomControl descendents for complex drawing, but there are
> instructions here:
>
> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Developing_with_Graphics#Draw_to_a_TImage

I had tried this almost 5 days ago I think.  The problem is that there is a bug
in TLabel where it does not fire the MouseUp event if you MouseDown and then
move the cursor away from the TLabel before letting go of the mouse.

I'll have a look at the links though.  That you very much.

--

Warm Regards,

Lee