[Lazarus] DrawText function problems

Lee Jenkins lee at datatrakpos.com
Sun Apr 13 15:16:56 CEST 2008

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 11:31 PM, Lee Jenkins <lee at datatrakpos.com> wrote:
>>  I had tried this almost 5 days ago I think.  The problem is that there is a bug
>>  in TLabel where it does not fire the MouseUp event if you MouseDown and then
>>  move the cursor away from the TLabel before letting go of the mouse.
>
> Where is the link for the bug report?
>
> Also, this doesn't look like a bug to me, but rather a standard
> behavior. Just try any software out there. Clicking, moving the mouse
> out and releasing indicates that the user gave up clicking in the
> object, so a button, for example, wouldn't be activated by that. The
> same for clicking a label.

My computer went up a few days ago and had to reinstall everything and lost
about 3 weeks worth of emails.  If you look back over the last week or so,
you'll see a post that I made about this problem.  I think someone (sorry I can
remember exactly who) may have pointed me to a bug report concerning the
SetCapture method in LCL.

As a side note, can anyone tell me where the recent archives are hosted?  I
tried googling, but only came up with older messages.

BTW, in Delphi the behavior that I mentioned above is present.  Which made it a
simple task to create custom buttons.  With the current behavior of Lazarus, it
leave custom buttons made like this in a "visually down" state.

--

Warm Regards,

Lee

"When my company started out, we were really, really, really, really small.
Now...we're just really small."