[Lazarus] Fonts Advise between Windows & Linux

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 00:50:30 CEST 2008

On 12/04/2008, Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:

> Then you should take the default and use the autosizing properties to
>  auto resize your forms.

>From my experience, that has very limited success!  I'm not sure if
the font system in LCL has improved over the last two years, but the
last time I used things like Bold, Italic etc they were not consistent
under Linux and Windows.  eg: We kept a label with Default font, but
set the Bold = True. Under Windows it looked fine, under Linux it
looked like a standard label (no bold).

Regards,
  - Graeme -