[Lazarus] Fonts Advise between Windows & Linux

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 09:31:34 CEST 2008

Ales Katona wrote:
> I believe the size difference stems from the different DPI in
> font/widgetsets. The size parameter at least on gtk is calculated by
> division and DPI is featured, so it's possible that the default DPI
> differ on platforms?

That was my first thought to. I normally let X-Window server query the
monitor to find the correct dpi value (eg: 119 dpi on my laptop, 110 on
my desktop LCD). But since then, I have forced my X-Window server to 96
dpi, like Windows.  The size difference is still there, which is what
confuses me more. I have tried Google to find more information. All I
got is that there is a size difference, but I can't find an explanation
for why. :-(

Regards,
   - Graeme -