[Lazarus] Is anyone working with the simple datasets?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 09:46:23 CEST 2008

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:
> datasets so I am curious to know if anyone is using the simple
> datasets with FPC 2.2.0 (TMemDataset, TFixedFormatDataset, TDBf).

I also struggled in the beginning with DB components in Lazarus and
found some strange properties which could clash (message thread of about
two or three months ago).  fpGUI has a TDBF example in the
examples/gui/dbtest/ directory, if that might help.

http://fpgui.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/fpgui/trunk/examples/gui/dbtest/

------------[ snippet ]-------------------
constructor TMainForm.Create(AOwner: TComponent);
var
   x: Integer;
   s: string;
begin
   inherited Create(AOwner);
   DataSet             := TDBF.Create(Self);
   DataSet.TableName   := 'test.dbf';
   DataSource          := TDataSource.Create(Self);
   DataSource.DataSet  := DataSet;

   dblblName.DataSource    := DataSource;
   dblblName.DataField     := 'Name';
   dblblEMail.DataSource   := DataSource;
   dblblEMail.DataField    := 'Address';

   DataSet.Open;
   while not DataSet.EOF do
   begin
     SetLength(s, 0);
     for x := 0 to DataSet.FieldCount - 2 do
       s := s + DataSet.Fields[x].AsString + ', ';
     s := s + DataSet.Fields[DataSet.FieldCount - 1].AsString;
     lstName1.Items.Add(s);
     DataSet.Next;
   end;
   DataSet.First;