[Lazarus] Dear lazarus at miraclec.com April 81% 0FF

lazarus at miraclec.com lazarus at miraclec.com
Sun Apr 20 06:23:09 CEST 2008

Hello,

I just fixed a long standing issue in the Windows CE interface, and
because it involves a policy change I thougth it would be nice to give
a public report.

Basically the Windows CE provides by default a "X" minimize button,
but almost all lazarus users were expecting it to be a close button,
so I changed the default policy and now all Lazarus for WinCE forms
will have a "OK" close button, which is a real close button. A way to
change this behavior was provided.

No, you cannot make the X minimize button become a close button. Yes,
I already asked in the microsoft newsgroups and they stated very clear
that it's very well documented that the X button is a minimize button,
not a close button.

I documented everything here, so please look and comment back if you
are interrested in wince:

http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Windows_CE_Development_Notes#The_Title_.22OK.22_and_.22X.22_buttons

I also fixed the positioning of dialog windows and some other stuff.

thanks,
--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho