[Lazarus] Unicode support enabled for win32 with fpc 2.2.1 and higher

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Sun Apr 20 22:32:14 CEST 2008

On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 2:30 PM, Lee Jenkins <lee at datatrakpos.com> wrote:
>  Won't that break Delphi compatibility in many places?  Again, my apologies as I
>  try to grasp the concepts here.

Yes. Present and previous Delphi versions have no unicode support.

We cannot have a full cross-platform unicode support and still be 100%
delphi compatible.

If you attein to purely ascii software, we are still delphi
compatible. If you use other encodings, you will need to convert your
source code to utf-8, and as a bonus you win a consistent unicode
support.

thanks,
--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho