[Lazarus] Unicode support enabled for win32 with fpc 2.2.1 and higher

Lee Jenkins lee at datatrakpos.com
Mon Apr 21 01:08:17 CEST 2008

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 2:30 PM, Lee Jenkins <lee at datatrakpos.com> wrote:
>>  Won't that break Delphi compatibility in many places?  Again, my apologies as I
>>  try to grasp the concepts here.
>
> Yes. Present and previous Delphi versions have no unicode support.
>
> We cannot have a full cross-platform unicode support and still be 100%
> delphi compatible.
>
> If you attein to purely ascii software, we are still delphi
> compatible. If you use other encodings, you will need to convert your
> source code to utf-8, and as a bonus you win a consistent unicode
> support.

Thanks again for responde, Felipe.  I'm going to have to do some more reading up
on Unicode.  Personally, I don't mind using utf-8, I just am still unsure as to
what specific actions I need to take in order to be compliant.

--

Warm Regards,

Lee

"When my company started out, we were really, really, really, really small.
Now...we're just really small."