[Lazarus] Antix Mepis and Lazarus

Stephano patspiper at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 22 21:34:34 CEST 2008

Antonio Sanguigni wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I'm giving a chance to Antix Mepis on my old pc so, after terminated its
> installation I'm trying to install Lazarus. As usually I've done on
> other distro I downloaded fpc 2.2.0 script and got a svn checkout from
> lazarus repository.
>
> Now, I had to login as root to install fpc script because for default
> sudo is not allowed on Mepis, so I did not have write permission on /etc
> for fpc.cfg and it was fine but now, when I tried to compile Lazarus, I
> got the tipical "Can't find unit contnrs used by Masks". Of course,
> trying to compile as root works fine and I can have a working Lazarus as
> well.
>
> I checked fpc.cfg path and it seems ok ! Any ideas ?
>
> Thanks
> Antonio
I had a similar problem 2 days ago trying to compile and install FPC
2.2.1 on Windows. I ran fpcmkcfg to create fpc.cfg and changed the paths
manually to absolute ones as they were relative ones due to the exact
error message you described.
I am not sure this is the issue in your case, but it is worth looking at.

Stephano