[Lazarus] Building the Lazarus docs

Vincent Snijders vsnijders at quicknet.nl
Fri Apr 25 21:50:08 CEST 2008

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho schreef:
> Could we please, please, please have periodical automatic updates to
> the html lcl docs =P Preferrably daily, if impossible, then weekly or
> another suitable periode.

I don't know exactly what you mean, the docs on
http://lazarus-ccr.sourceforge.net/docs/ are updated daily for almost 3
years.

The daily snapshot at
ftp://ftp.hu.freepascal.org/pub/lazarus/fpc-lazarus-doc-html-20080424.tar.bz2
is refreshed daily since at least last December.

> I remember vaguely that they weren't done because it takes hours to
> build the docs.

The reason it was not done, was that the docs hardly changed in the
past. Since Chris started to work on it regularly, there are almost
daily changes.

> Here they were created in less then 10 minutes with fpc 2.2.0.

You have better hardware, here it takes about 25 minutes.

Vincent