[Lazarus] UTF-8 and Lazarus

ik idokan at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 11:50:30 CEST 2008

On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 12:24 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys
<graemeg.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/4/27 ik <idokan at gmail.com>:
>
> > Does fpGUI finally supports Bidi (in Text and in widgets) ?
>  >
>  >  I can finally write hebrew text using fpGUI Edit for example ?
>
>  Nope, only Left-to-Right languages are currently supported. The same
>  goes for mixed LTR and RTL in the same text with selection.  You're
>  welcome to implement Bidi support though. ;-)

On widgets, i'm willing, for text such as selections writing etc, only
with help of at least 4 more people that knows how things works. It is
a very complicated algorithm.
It took FreeBidi few years to fully implement it without any bugs, and
so does IBM in ICU, Pango and QT4. And they all had more developers
then one ...

http://ik.homelinux.org/