[Lazarus] Help!!! Runtime Exception: No widgetset object

Peter Williams pewtas at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 00:08:52 CEST 2008

Hi Mattias & All,

2008/8/1 Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de>

> On Fri, 1 Aug 2008 00:52:28 +1000
> "Peter Williams" <pewtas at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I managed to successfully compile (Build) my Lazarus app without any
> > error, warnings or hints. However, when I run it I get a runtime
> > exception error:
> >
> > Project Frog Retro Remake Game raised exception class 'Exception' with
> > message:
> > No widgetset object. Plz check if the unit "interfaces" was added to
> > the programs uses clause.
>
> What part of the message do you not understand?

Okay... I've been to bed and had some sleep... so now I'm thinking a little
clearer. *SMILE*

When I first saw that message I thought that I needed to add "{$
Interfaces}" to my code. However, I now realize that I needed to add
"Interfaces" to my "frog.lpr" uses clause.

I can now compile and run my unit... However, it still needs debugging.

For those interested, it is basically a TForm with a TPaintBox and I have a
unit which reads a M$ Windowz bitmap (e.g. a .BMP file) of a bitmap font.
The unit can paint the bitmap font to the TPaintBox with any colour text or
background, and even in reverse video.

It's designed to mimic the fonts use on old Commodore PET computers (circa
1977) which had a mono green screen etc etc. Thats why its called "Frog
Retro Remake Game" e.g. it's a "Retro" game.

I'll probably post a few more messages about how I'm going debugging it.
*SMILE*

Best Regards,
            PEW
from Hobart, 'Down Under'

> > [OK] { button }
> >
> > File "frog.lpr" ----------------------------------
> > program frog;
> >
> > {$MODE Delphi}
> >
> > uses
> >   Forms,
> >   MainUnit in 'MainUnit.pas' {MainForm},
> >   uFixedWidthFonts in 'uFixedWidthFonts.pas',
> >   FrameUnit in 'FrameUnit.pas' {TabFrame: TFrame},
> >   PagesDlgUnit1 in 'PagesDlgUnit1.pas' {PagesDlg},
> >   PlayAgainUnit in 'PlayAgainUnit.pas' {PlayAgainForm},
> >   IniFiles in 'IniFiles.pas', screen_strings;
> >
> > {$R frog1.res}
> >
> > begin
> >   Application.Initialize;
> >   Application.Title:='Frog Retro Remake Game';
> >   Application.CreateForm(TMainForm, MainForm);
> >   Application.Run;
> > end.
>

> Mattias

Fond Regards,
Peter Eric (aka 'pew') WILLIAMS

My free website is:
http://pewtas.googlepages.com (or) http://tinyurl.com/yuyejs

(please visit my free website and let me know what you think about it.)